Friday, October 23, 2009

Mom said ..

Ginny has left a new comment on your post "still some golf left ...":

Musings....

As I passed the track yesterday, I thought, "Now that looks just like John's picture on Standin on the Moon!" These pretty days, I'm afraid, are coming to an end. Today sure is a turnaround from yesterday's low 70's.

Speaking of the track, I find that I look back and see that the end of the track left me feeling a bit empty. I didn't get to the track at all, but I was very busy and active for that spell of time. Then, the bottom fell out.

Funny how one reacts to a change in routine. (Makes me wonder how my father dealt with working shiftwork. Not too well sometimes I witnessed.)

I've been 'out of sorts' for weeks. I had a wonderful couple of days on the Cape but the effect didn't last. I hated leaving the Cape. Nothing exciting was going on in my world here, and nothing in the immediate future either.

Once I recognized how I was feeling (and it was crappy), I mean put a name on it, I began to make peace with it....realizing that it too has a purpose.

At the same time I knew I could change my frame of mind by 'making plans'....and so I have.

On Monday 11/9, I'm flying to Houston for a week of pampering. I'm going to a small B&B in Crosby. The accommodations can't be beat; the food is great whether dining in or out; a spa just steps away from my room and the innkeeper is one of the finest. I've heard her referred to as 'the hostess with the mostest'.

Once I return it will be time to plan Thanksgiving dinner. Our blessings this year will be counted around a smaller table ...as we will have only John, Maureen and Tony but I may set the highchair up to the table as a reminder of one more blessing yet to come.

If all goes well, the following day Charlie and I are planning to drive to Charlottesville VA to spend a few days with Jude, Bill and Ellie to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. I'm needing a big hug from one little girl.

After that we'll see what plans I can make to help move through this winter..... 'cause I can't wait until January.

I know we've all been a little on the silent side....love to know what's going on in your world if your reading this.

1 comment:

aunt Di said...

The B & B is open the rest of the winter for anyone else wanting a get away during the winter.