Sunday, November 15, 2009

Interesting study

From the LA Times -

Studies have shown that people who were stressed during childhood have an increased risk of depression as adults.

Stress at a young age permanently alters a key gene in the brain, resulting in a lifetime of elevated levels of a hormone that contributes to depression according to a study in the journal Natural Neuroscience ...

Did I mention I volunteered for a study ? LoL ... Actually was just flipping through this months Natural Neuroscience and saw it waiting for the bus ... LoL ...

1 comment:

Ginny said...

It's Thanksgiving week.....What are YOU thankful for?

I thought maybe we could replicate, in a small way, one of my favorite TV families--The Waltons. I'm sure I remember them all sitting around their Thanksgiving table, taking turns, and sharing their blessings with each other.

K....I'll go first.

I am most thankful for my family and extended family. The older I get, the more I realize it's all about the love.

I'll start at the top of my list of blessings--my children. Jude, John and Maureen. You are the jewels in my mother's ring....You give my life meaning and direction. You all make me laugh, cry, worry, but most of all, you make me proud. Proud of you...and proud to be your mother. Bill and Tony---because you bring joy to Jude and Maureen, you bring me joy.

Ellie and my soon to be born grandson are the diamonds that surround the jewels in my mother's ring. Ellie brings more sparkle into my life than I could ever could have imagined.

Blessings abound as I think about my sisters. My life is full of love and laughter because Kathy, Ellen, Diane and Debb are my sisters. I am, without question, enriched by them and by Larry, Gary, Bruce and Bernie....and by their children and grandchildren. I smile as I think of each of them.

My prayer is one of gratitude for one and all of the above. Amen.

Next?