Saturday, February 6, 2010

aunt debb said ...

I hear you, John, but I believe that we all need to be the Stewards of Compassion no matter where we see the need. I don't feel guilty about Haiti - I feel proud that we, Americans, can reach beyond our borders to help others. Yes, we have lots of areas in the USA that need help and we always will. I've donated money, products, time, love and support to charities here in the states and around the world that need my help and I'm just grateful that I'm in a position to be able to help.

The world isn't perfect, we can only try to do our best, help when and however we can, and try not to exclude any area because we don't like the way they do things. I'm not turning a blind eye to the travesties of Haiti (the cruelty and brutality present in that country) but I also can't turn a blind eye to the devastation. Some of the people of Haiti would welcome a FEMA trailer at this point...they have nothing and the prospect is grim.

That voodoo nation as you call it doesn’t need to be cast aside, forgotten and ignored. I don’t have the answers. I only know that we should all help where we see the need and if you see the greater need in the homeless man in Albany – that’s great. I applaud you for helping.

I take pride in the USA and it’s because we as a nation can reach out to the less fortunate…you are right our government is running amok but that’s a whole other conversation.

No comments: